The Office of Government & Community Relations is responsible for advancing the University’s interests and mission among state elected officials and state agencies. The Office serves as a liaison for all interaction with state government entities and coordinates special events, meetings and tours with these individuals. Each year, the Office of Government & Community Relations helps coordinate the University’s legislative and project priorities and shares these priorities with our state elected officials. We are pleased to have ongoing support from all of our representatives in New York State.
- Governor’s Office
- New York State Senate
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Department of Health
- New York State Department of Education
- Empire State Development Corporation
- Regional Economic Development Councils
- Empire State Stem Cell Fund (NYSTEM)
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Board
- New York State Division of Science, Technology and Innovation (NYSTAR)
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- START-UP NY At University of Rochester
- Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE)
- Center for Emerging and Innovative Sciences (CEIS)
- High Tech Rochester (HTR)
- Excell Partners Inc.
The Office of Government and Community Relations, in consultation with the General Counsel’s office, helps advise, track and report lobbying activities and expenditures at the University of Rochester as required by state and federal laws.